Friday, January 7, 2011

A Note of Thanks

I have been wanting to make one of these snowmen ever since I first saw one.  My card is a combo CASE between Sharon Field's and Debbie Henderson's.  I love the work of both of them.
This card looks a little better in person.  You can see the glitter that is hard to see here.  Still I am not happy with this card.  It is missing something I think in the snow area, and my sponging is hard to see in the picture.
Oh, well, I still had fun making this little snowman, and if you haven't made one you should give it a try.

I used the 2 1/2", 1 3/4" and the 1 1/4"  circle punches to make his body.  I used the small oval and the 1 inch punch to make his hat.

Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment,
Patty Mickle
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Shop Online 24/7
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. That snowman is so cute.. I am now following you from SC. www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

    I also have a Challenge blog with some SU friends www.fridaymashup.blogspot.com we are doing a sketch with twist this week.. Bring on the Bling.. Please come by and say Hi.

    Thanks again!
    Shirley Pumpkin #312

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make the hat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls.
    I made the hat by punching out a partial small oval. Then I punch out another small oval around the hole that I had made with the first punch.
    I used a 1 inch circle for the top of the hat.
    It is hard to explain with out pictures. I'll try to take pictures of how I made it and post it for you.

    ReplyDelete