Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stamping 411 Challenge 170

I have decided that I really love cherry cobbler and always artichoke together.  I am really going to have to make some Christmas cards using this combination.
The card below uses these colors, but it is not a Christmas card, just an all occasion card I guess you could say.

If you look closely, you'll see that I used a strip of frayed fabric in place of a ribbon.  I am really digging this Deck the Halls fabric in case you haven't noticed yet (I just wish I could ink the edges. LOL!)  To get a strip all you have to do is cut a slit the width you want the strip to be, and then pull.  After pulling the strip, I frayed all of the edges with my fingernails.
It is really easy to do.
 
I got the layout for this card from this week's sketch at Stamping 411.
Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment,
Patty Mickle
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo, love that shimmer!! I think Cherry Cobbler & Always Artichoke are my favorite holiday color combo too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Love the sparkle and the colors, Cherry Cobbler is my favorite of the new colors!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...that shimmer is gorgeous! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shimmer and the fabric. Nice touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card....and the fabric adds just the right touch!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just look at all that shimmer!!! Love it and that fabric too!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete