Friday, December 4, 2009

Box in a Bag




Isn't this box in a bag cute?! Box in a bags are not new, but they are new to me. This is the first one I've ever made, and I love it. I didn't do anything fancy to it, but with this beautiful paper, Holiday Lounge (115676), you don't need to add anything fancy.
I love the colors and shapes used in Holiday Lounge. You can find it on page 162 of the idea book and catalog.
This is called a box in a bag because the inside base is a box base. I should have taken a picture before I assembled it.
The strip along the outside bottom is just a 1 inch strip that I scalloped with the scallop border punch.
I used to not like to make boxes because I am too impatient to use a lot of sticky strip. I have learned however that you can assemble boxes using Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive. It is a really aggressive adhesive that sets up quickly. I used it on the inside base, but I do recommend sticky strip for the scalloped strip on the outside bottom.
I found a tutorial for making this box in a bag at Splitcoast Stampers on their resource page.
Oh, by the way this is one of the projects my stamp club will be making on Monday.
Thanks for looking.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment