Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Gift

I have been making Christmas gifts like crazy, and I feel a little crazy right now.
This is an 11x14 (I think) canvas that I turned into a scrapbook page to give to my sister.
It shows my grandparents house and one of their out-buildings. Our Poppa passed away in September, and it has been very hard on us. He loved us so completely, and my sister and I miss him so very much.
First I painted the canvas a couple of times and then inked the edges with brown ink, maybe chocolate chip. I can't remember.
The pictures are 5x7s, and I matted them with very vanilla and ruby red. The ribbon is 1 inch double-stitched grosgrain in chocolate chip. You can find it on page 182 of the Idea Book and Catalog (#111849).
If you decide to make a "scrapbook page" out of a canvas be sure and use a really aggressive adhesive. I use glue dots to attach almost everything except the ribbon. For that I used my 1.5 inch xyron adhesive machine.
Thanks for looking and come back tomorrow for another Christmas present.

No comments:

Post a Comment