Sunday, October 31, 2010

Card for Stamp Club

This is the card my stamp club made this month.  I have seen a few versions of this, but as far as I know, Doris Denman was the first to create this acorn using the ornament punch.  Yes, I got this idea from Stampin' Connection.  It is a great place to go for inspiration, but like I said before you have to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator to be a member of the site.

I almost didn't show this card because I messed up on his cheeks, but at least I knew what to tell my club girls how NOT to do them.  I usually always keep my mistakes to show them so they'll know what to not do.
The two main colors in this card are more mustard and cajun craze.  The leaves are cajun craze, more mustard, old olive, riding hood red, and early expresso.  The large acorn is made from soft suede and early expresso.
Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment,
Patty Mickle
Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Shop Online 24/7
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! Thank you for doing one without the brads as eyes and nose. I was so hung up on that - it shows me to think beyond the box...and use what I HAVE! :) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live the acorn! It is so cute! New follower from SC #276. Teresea

    ReplyDelete