Thursday, October 21, 2010

French Foliage 3D

I cased the base of this card from  Charlene Boyachek  on Stampin' Connection, a website for Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  I just love the stamp set, French Foliage.  I love how realistic you can make the leaves appear.  The secret to making realistic leaves is 1)stamp onto very vanilla card stock and 2) fill in the white areas with some color after cutting out.  After I did that with my leaf I put it face down on my Versamark ink pad and covered it with the ink.  I then sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.

Because this card is a 3x6 card, I used Stampin' Up!s small open end envelopes (107286 p. 171)  I like making cards that aren't the typical 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.


Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment,
Patty Mickle
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Shop Online 24/7
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. The leaf looks so real. You did a great job with the colouring. Like the atypical size of your card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful! I agree the leaf looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I just love how the style of these leaves and water splotches look so realistic! Great idea to add the polka dot texture, too! :) tfs

    ReplyDelete